CEB's SHL Verbal Reasoning tests for technical support, administrative and operational positions measure two types of skills:
- General language skills: vocabulary, grammar, and logic within sentences.
- Verbal understanding of written data.
These skills are assessed by a few tests:
- Following Instructions (VTS1) - measures the ability to follow written instructions in technical topics.
- Verbal Comprehension (VT1.1) - measures basic language skills required for technical work.
- Technical Understanding (VT5.1, VT5.2) - the candidate is required to answer questions about a written passage in a technical context.
- Verbal Usage - Questions present sentences with 2 missing words and 5 answer choices to complete these words. The candidate is evaluated for vocabulary, grammar and spelling.
- Verbal Comprehension (VP5.2a) - the candidate is required to answer questions based on understanding written information.
In addition, most candidates are required to sit a Verify Verbal Reasoning test. This test is administered online and verified in a shortened version at the assessment centre. The tests measures the ability to analyse and interpret written information.
Who Can Benefit from This Pack?
This pack was tailored to meet the needs of people applying for the following types of jobs:
- Sales positions
- Administration and clerical roles
- Technical and business support
- General staff
- Operational roles
- Call centre
- Customer service
Why Buy This Pack?
Firstly, our tests are inspired by CEB's SHL Verbal Reasoning practice tests. They include similar skills, contents, test styles, time frames, and difficulty levels. Second, some of the materials in this pack are suited for specific SHL test formats. In addition to these tests, we included practice materials as well as comprehensive video and PDF tutorials to help you improve your verbal reasoning abilities in general, and give you a bird’s eye view of the format of the SHL Verbal Reasoning test for operational and technical levels.
CEB, SHL, and other trademarks are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of the trademark holders are affiliated with JobTestPrep or this website.
- Over 480 verbal practice questions
- 28 CEB SHL-style verbal tests
- Including specific SHL formats such as TTB & PTB
- A variety of vocabulary and grammar tests
- Synonyms, Antonyms, Odd One Out, Sentence Completion, and Analogies practice tests
- 2 True/False/Cannot say tests
- 6 Verbal Comprehension tests
- Detailed explanations and solving tips
- Smart score reports
- Exclusive to JobTestPrep
- Immediate online access, 24/7 practice
- Secured payment