The Aon Online Application is difficult. Firstly,you are asked to provide your basic details, educational background and previous work experience. There is also an option to attach a CV and cover letter which we shall address below.
Secondly, you are asked to answer 5-7 competency questions on the application. You are given 150 words and there is no time limit. Some examples of questions include:
- Summarise your understand of Aon.
- What attracts you to this role?
- What have you done to get the most out of university?
You are also asked to provide details to support your application. Here and throughout the application process, Aon is looking for good communication skills, commercial awareness of their company, life skills such as extracurriculars, intelligence, work experience and motivation. When answering the competency questions, bear these in mind.
Before you attach your CV and cover letter, remember to tailor them to Aon, rather than sending out a generic cover letter and CV to all the companies you are applying for. When doing so, demonstrate that you have the key values of the company and have used them in that past to complete tasks and jobs.The key values of Aon are:
- Delivering distinctive client value: Giving the client the best possible solutions.
- Developing unmatched teams: Identify and developing talented individuals to encourage continuous learning and development.
- Building differentiated capability: Thinking out of the box in order to solve any problem that may come up.
- Delivering business results: Going the extra mile to pursue distinction.
- Living the values of Aon: Always acting with complete integrity. Being proud of Aon and what it achieves.
Integrating these key values into your cover letter and CV in a way that shows you possess these traits and have used them in the past without coming across as just a list of talents is difficult. This is why here at JobTestPrep we have created a CV and cover letter package that can help you craft the best possible CV and cover letter you can. Check out the package here