The Unilever Online Tests, Aptitude Tests and Interview Preparation
Are you applying to Unilever, one of the biggest multinational consumer goods companies in the world? As such, their application process is detailed and often difficult. Let us here at JobTestPrep be your own personal guide through the whole Unilever application process.
The Unilever Application FormThe first stage of the Unilever application process is the completion of the online application form. This form is quite long and arduous so take your time to answer it really well. In it you will have to have to fill out all your university details as well as your A-Level results and other academic qualifications. You will also have to fill out a section describing your hobbies and other interests. As well as these questions, you will need to answer three competency questions that are normally the following:
- Describe a time when you came up with an idea that required you to get the support of others.
- Describe an occasion when you have had a big issue to solve and you needed help.
- Describe a time when you spotted an opportunity and made it happen.
There is a 500 word limit on each of these questions so bear this in mind. A very important point to remember is that you want to stress the Unilever competencies very much throughout the entire process. They are:
- Growth mind set – you must put across that you have a positive attitude to the company’s future.
- Consumer and Customer focus – making sure that they are always happy.
- Bias for action – being results focused and keeping the goal in sight the entire time.
- Accountability and Responsibility – creating goals and being accountable for the complete delivery of them.
- Building talent and Teams – being able to inspire other people by your own example.
With these ideals firmly entrenched in your writing, you will be able to answer the questions in a fashion that they want to see.
The Unilever Aptitude TestAfter you have completed the online application form to their satisfaction you will be sent a number of different tests which are part of the Unilever psychometric test series created by Kenexa, one of the biggest psychometric testing companies. These need to be completed before you can move onto the next stage of the application. One of the most difficult aspects of the Unilever aptitude tests is that they are timed, giving you under one minute to answer the questions. Tackling these tests with often unfamiliar content along with the added time pressures is difficult. These tests can be a serious obstacle if you not sure of what you are doing and what methods you will utilise to thrive. Here at JobTestPrep we can prepare you completely in order that when you come to take the real ones you are able to do so with complete confidence.
The Unilever Numerical TestThe first test that you will do is the Unilever Numerical test. You will be presented with information ranging from bar graphs to tables of figures. From these you will have to analyse the information and choose from one of five answers. There are 20 questions that you need to complete in the 20 minute time frame. Preparing for these is your way of ensuring that you won't be phased and can work quickly enough when you come to take them for real. Here at JobTestPrep, we have many questions similar in style to the Unilever numerical test with explanations to go along with the answers. The more you practise these types of tests, the higher you will score on the real test and this will in turn give you a higher chance of being selected for the next stage.
The Unilever Logical Reasoning TestIn this test you will be presented with different, multifaceted shapes in sequence. You will have to analyse the order and understand the rules linking one shape to the next. You will then have to choose the subsequent shape from a choice of four or five possibilities. This Unilever logical reasoning test is designed to test your logical thinking and interpreting skills and is popular in Unilever as no knowledge of language is necessary thus meaning a fair balanced result. Find out how we can help you here.
The Unilever Telephone InterviewAfter successfully getting through the Unilever aptitude test, you will receive confirmation of your pass and be informed that you will be given a telephone interview. These can actually be scheduled at pretty much any time so be prepared. Some of the following may be asked during the interview:
- Can you tell me about Unilever’s history?
- Why did you apply for a position in Unilever?
- What is Unilever’s vision for the future?
- What kind of products do Unilever provide?
- Please walk me through your CV?
- What would you like to be doing on a day to day basis?
- What competencies do you personally bring into Unilever?
- The competency questions mentioned above.
- Do you have any questions for me? (Make sure that you have some prepared. This is very important as it shows that you actually care about the position and company that you are applying for).
How To Succeed in the Telephone InterviewPreparing for this interview is important as it is your first real interaction with Unilever. This means that you have to try and create a good impression in not only the quality of your answers but also in the way that you put them across. You have to treat this telephone interview as a conversion as well where you try to get to know the person on the other end of the phone. The best way of preparing for a telephone interview is to actually have one. Check out our Skype based interview service where you can receive a mock interview as well as get guidance and tips giving you the tools you need to succeed in the Unilever telephone interview. Moreover, see our free pdf guide to interviews to really understand what's going on when you have your interview.
Free Verbal ReasoningFree Psychometric TestsFree Numerical ReasoningRAF Sample Questions
Numerical Reasoning TestSkype InterviewInterview PreparationIn Tray ExerciseBARB Test Practice
"Definitely helped me out and understand that it isn't the Maths but how you interpret the question which is important."
Try our daily quizzes on our Facebook page!