EPSO Test - EU Test Practice
If you would like to pursue an EU career, JobTestPrep is here to provide you with professional preparation materials for EPSO tests. As online leaders in job selection tests preparation, we commit to provide you with the utmost practice pack web-wide.
Administrator Level (AD)
18 online numerical tests
450+ practice questions with full explanations
Assistant Level (AST)
9 online abstract tests
600+ questions with full explanations
EPSO Selection Procedure
EPSO test - European Personnel Selection Office test, also known as EU test, is a selection tool for hiring employees to work in European Union (EU) institutions such as the European Commission, the European Parliament, the European Court of Justice, and the European Council.
There are two stages in the selection procedure, the first of which is the computer-based admission test (CBT) which will be followed by another test at the assessment centre held in Brussels, Belgium. Only those who passed the CBT tests may advance to the assessment phase. Test content and difficulty change according to the position you are applying for.
First phase - Admission Tests (CBT)
Second phase - Assessment Centre
Details of competitions (tests) are published in the Notice of Competitions, which is published in the Official Journal of the European Union and is also available on the EPSO website.
Verbal, Numerical and Abstract Reasoning
- The EPSO verbal reasoning section tests your ability to comprehend complex written material. Each question is multiple-choice and is one paragraph long with four answers to choose from.
- The EPSO numerical reasoning section is also multiple-choice and is designed to assess your ability to efficiently analyze numerical data presented in the form of charts or diagrams.
- Similar to IQ tests given for graduate and managerial selection worldwide, the EPSO abstract reasoning test assesses your ability to understand abstract and complex concepts. This section requires you to identify the next figure in a sequence. There are five sequence figures and five answers to choose from.
CBT Administrator (AD) and Assistant (AST) tests
Administrator and Assistant exams test your verbal, numerical and abstract reasoning skills, and are followed by a situational judgment test. The situational judgment section tests your practical abilities on the job. The Assistant test also includes a professional skills section. This section will assess your accuracy, precision, prioritizing and organizational skills.
The verbal, numerical, and abstract reasoning section will be tested in your main language, which must be one of the official EU languages. Situational judgment and professional skills test will be assessed in your second language, which must be English, French or German.
The given amount of time and the number of questions of each section is as follows:
- Verbal reasoning – 20 questions within 35 minutes.
- Numerical reasoning – 10 questions within 20 minutes.
- Abstract reasoning – 10 questions within 10 minutes.
- Situational judgment test – 20 questions within 30 minutes.
- Professional skills test – The official numbers are not officially published but it is estimated that there will be around 20-40 questions within 6 minutes in the accuracy and precision section.
The EU offers prestigious careers with attractable wages which makes competition for EU jobs very high. After each stage of every competition, only the highest scoring candidates who have received a pass mark are admitted to the next stage. For example, there were 13 vacant spots in the field of Archivistics in the Administrators test in 2011. It stated that the test will only be organized if the number of candidates applying exceeds 600.
With so many candidates applying for EPSO tests, ample amount of time must be given to prepare for them if you wish to succeed. Small improvements in your score can determine whether you pass and go on to the next phase or not. JobTestPrep's practice tests will help you prepare for EU tests. Our online practice tests have plenty of problems for you to solve and give in-depth explanations to every question. These tests are also timed in the same structure as in real EPSO tests so that you can get used to work under time pressure.
EPSO Coaching Services
JobTestPrep have teamed up with professional coaches who can help you prepare for the EPSO competitions, a requirement to gaining a career working for the EU. The coaches have many years of experience and are specialists in the field of the EPSO competitions and careers at the EU. The one-to-one guidance that they provide is a valuable tool in your preparations for these assessments, without which, you could be severely hampering your success in gaining your dream career.