Tips for Assessment Centre Group Exercises
JobTestPrep's four theoretical booklets will contribute to the reduction of stress levels associated with the assessment centre by familiarising yourself with the tasks at hand, providing tips and information on how to handle stressful situations during the group activities.
Many applicants have a genuine difficulty showing an adequate level of involvement in the group exercise in the assessment centre and demonstrating their skills in an optimal manner. Some tend to be overly dominant and loud fearing that otherwise they may not be heard and valued. Others are introvert and quiet, fearing that their contribution may not be significant enough in comparison to others'.
The following situations and dilemmas often rise during the group exercise. They can become surmountable with the appropriate guidance:
- Aggressive peers in the group.
- How to maintain a balance between not too little and not too much participation.
- How to present yourself in a decisive and non-hesitant manner.
- How to maintain a progression that is suitable for the position at hand.
- How to feel comfortable and secure in a group.
- Preparation for the group exercise in the assessment centre will provide you with the tools to exhibit appropriate behaviour, suitable for the type of position you are applying for.
Practice with JobTestPrep!JobTestPrep offers two unique assessment centre preparation services:
- Online in-tray and group exercises practice. This pack will assist you in preparing yourself for these types of exercises, emphasizing the main behavioral points you should pay attention to, based on the specific context of the role you are applying for.
- Live assessment centre practice. Face-to-face preparation, led by our experienced assessors, delivered cross UK.
Our customers' comments on this product:
“ I would highly recommend these tests - they cover a range of test difficulties, some which are basic some which are more complex. These really enabled me to develop my numerical skills - especially as doing the complex questions made it easier for me to answer the more basic questions. Very satisfied with the service! „
Deloitte's Graduate scheme, December 2012
Read more about:
Practice Assessment Centre Case Studies
Free Verbal ReasoningFree Psychometric TestsFree Situational Judgement
Numerical Reasoning TestInterview PreparationPractice In Tray Exercise
"Your products increased my score a lot in the test."