In your answers you need to demonstrate that you have Centrica key competencies and have put them into practice throughout your life so far. The competencies are known in Centrica as “Leadership behaviours”. They are:
- Being one team - Build and maintain effective working relationships.
- Creating a positive environment - Have a positive impact through self-awareness and social skills.
- Putting our customers first - Deliver excellent customer service.
- Seizing responsibility - Take initiative and set high standards for self.
- Seeing beyond our own goals - Look at the bigger picture and recognise the impact of your actions.
- Learning agility - Learn from experience to perform in new or changing situations.
- Drive - Focus energy on what will make a difference and deliver exceptionally.
- Manages relationships - Communicate/collaborate effectively to get the best from people.
You need to show that you possess these qualities and incorporate them into your answers. You do this by using the STAR method
where you explain how you have used these competencies through a real-life situation.
Once you have completed the Centrica PLC online application form you will then have three separate online tests.