Royal Navy Psychometric Test
Learn all you need to know about the Royal Navy's psychometric recruitment test, and ace your test results with Jobtestprep's professional practice tools.
The Royal Navy psychometric test is the first and perhaps the most important part of the Navy's recruitment process, which also includes a fitness test, medical testing, and an interview.
Your test performance would have a great impact on the types of jobs you would be offered; the higher your scores, the better your chances of getting the job you want, or having a large variety of options to choose from. For this reason we have gathered important information about the test together with solutions for increasing your performance.
Recruitment Test formatThe Royal Navy psychometric test consists of four different sub-tests containing a total of 120 multiple choice questions:
- Reasoning – 30 questions, 9 minutes
- Verbal ability – 30 questions, 9 minutes
- Numeracy – 30 questions, 16 minutes
- Mechanical reasoning – 30 questions, 10 minutes
The test is designed to assess a wide variety of skills and fields of knowledge which help the army's recruiters to spot the right candidates for the right jobs.
Practice the RT test under real time framesJobtestprep provides you with two full length practice RT tests, with which you get:
- A challenging practice session – knowing that the real test might include more difficult questions than those offered on the royal navy site, our goal is to make sure you will not be surprised by the difficulty of the test.
- A timed practice – our smart online testing system allows you to practice within real time frames, allowing you to simulate the real test, and generates a score report that points out your weaknesses and strengths.
- Detailed explanations – after sitting the timed test, you can use the "step by step" mode to have a complete review of the test and read detailed explanations for each question.
- Help and solving tips – if you are having difficulties in some of the sub-tests, or you have forgotten some basic math rules, we provide you with solving tips and a comprehensive review of core subjects.
Admiralty Interview BoardIf you have passed the RT test and you are applying to the Royal Navy, Royal Marines, Royal Naval Reserve, Royal Marines Reserve or the Royal Fleet Auxiliary you will be invited to take part in the AIB, the Admiralty Interview Board. This is a three day event held on site at one of the Naval bases and in it you will go through many activities, tests and challenges. Find out more on our dedicated AIB page here.
Read more about:
Army Aptitude Test
ADF Aptitude Test
Free Personality TestFree Spatial ReasoningFree PDF GuidesFree Situational Judgement
Skype InterviewRT Practice Saville Practice TestsSHL Practice TestsOnline Personality Test RAF Aptitude Practice
"Your test gave me a good idea of how quickly I had to work in timed test conditions. And so when I took my test I was more than ready to efficiently smash it :) Thank you."