Barclays PLC is one of the world’s largest financial services groups, operating in over 50 countries worldwide.
Graduate applicants for the Barclays group are divided into three major branches: Capital (investment banking), Corporate (commercial banking) and Wealth (wealth management). There are slight changes in the application process for each of the three branches of the company.
Barclays Capital & Barclays Corporate assessment process
1. Barclay's online application:
the first step of the process involves filling an online questionnaire about your educational and occupational experience, and any other extra-curricular activities you have participated in. Applicants will be able to select options from a series of drop-down menus, and add additional information they deem useful in predetermined areas.
2. Barclay's SHL tests:
Barclays follow up with an online test composed of two parts: Numerical Reasoning and Verbal Reasoning. Barclays does not develop these tests in-house, but instead use SHL’s assessment services. You can practice SHL style tests by clicking here.
3. Barclay's telephone interview:
Successfully passing the first two stages will lead to a telephone interview, in an effort to explore in detail the experience, capabilities, and competencies of the applicant.
4. Barclay's Assessment Centre:
Passing these steps will grant you a summons to a two-day assessment centre, where you will face a series of exercises, including, but not limited to a group exercise, aptitude test, and competency based interview.
Keep in mind that Barclays reserves the right to test its applicants with similar numerical and verbal reasoning tests a second time during the assessment centre, so be sure to do them in earnest from the start!
How can we help?
- JobTestPrep offers a CV builder that allows our customers to create a tailored CV according to their needs, complete with video guidance. More about our CV builder
- We hold the most extensive practice packs for SHL-style tests, with over 30 verbal and numerical reasoning tests that follow the same concepts and difficulties found in the real assessment. Start practicing now >>
- At JobTestPrep, we have created a complete database of videos and tutorials on how to conduct yourself during an interview. Experience our Interview Preparation
- In order to tackle the assessment day we offer our unique assessment centre preparation packages. We have several options available for your comfort, ranging from a standard kit to be completed online, to our more extensive package involving a face-to-face full day assessment run by experienced assessors.
Barclays Numerical TestBarclays include a numerical test as part of its initial online screening process, which all candidates are required to take. As a result of being a very active part of the financial market, these numerical tests are built around financial concepts and thus create a higher difficulty level for the examinees.
We at JobTestPrep have tailored our numerical reasoning tests to match what you would expect to encounter in the actual Barclays numerical test, with increasing difficulty levels.
Barclays Wealth assessment process
While maintaining a nearly identical selection process as Capital and Corporate, Barclays Wealth introduces three key changes.
- Firstly, the verbal reasoning test is exchanged for an in-tray exercise which measures the applicant’s ability to analyse information in complex situations.
- Secondly, there is a face-to-face interview following the telephone interview, and prior to the assessment centre.
- Lastly, the assessment day will only be half a day long, and will not involve group exercises.
Our customers' comments on this product:
“ I would highly recommend these tests - they cover a range of test difficulties, some which are basic some which are more complex. These really enabled me to develop my numerical skills - especially as doing the complex questions made it easier for me to answer the more basic questions. Very satisfied with the service! „
Deloitte's Graduate scheme, December 2012
Read more about: